Introduction to Financial Planning for Transportation Asset Management (TAM) explores common terms, background information, and the context of financial plans for TAM. This engaging WBT builds a foundation of knowledge and helps you answer these questions:
1. What is a financial plan and what are the benefits of creating and using one?
2. What are the components of a financial plan?
3. Who are the essential stakeholders for developing a financial plan?
4. What factors influence the investment strategies for meeting condition targets?
5. How are the financial plans and other State plans, programs, and budgets related?
The 60-minute Web-based training is organized into three lessons. The lessons do not need to be completed at one sitting.
The course includes introductory material that can help anyone involved with developing the financial plan.
The primary audience for this course includes those involved with or interested in developing the financial plan, including asset management program managers, their staff in State transportation agencies, and staff members from metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs). These individuals include engineers, planners, and budgeting and finance personnel.
State DOT Chief Executive Officers and their staff would benefit from the level of understanding provided in this Web-based training.
This is an introductory-level course. There are no prerequisites.
If you have questions about this NHI training, please contact NHI at
email@example.com or 877.558.6873.