This training was prepared by the Transportation Curriculum Coordination Council (TCCC) in partnership with NHI to provide guidance on critical concrete pavement preservation issues. The training was developed by the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center at Iowa State University in cooperation with FHWA.
This module covers the procedures for cast-in-place Portland cement concrete (PCC) full-depth repair (FDR) of jointed concrete pavements (JCP) including jointed plain (JPCP) and jointed reinforced concrete pavements (JRCP). FDR techniques for continuously reinforced concrete pavements (CRCP) are discussed separately toward the end of the presentation. FDR is the cast-in-place concrete repairs that extend the full-depth of the existing slab.
This module is part of the curriculum from the Concrete Pavement Preservation Series (FHWA-NHI-131126) which presents current guidelines and recommendations for the design, construction, and selection of cost-effective concrete pavement preservation strategies. The other Web-based training modules are:
- NHI-131126 Concrete Pavement Preservation Series with downloadable version of the FHWA Concrete Pavement Preservation Guide
- NHI-131126A: Pavement Preservation Concepts
- NHI-131126B: Concrete Pavement Evaluation
- NHI-131126C: Slab Stabilization
- NHI-131126D: Partial-depth Repairs
- NHI-131126E: Full-depth Repairs
- NHI-131126F: Retrofitted Edge Drains
- NHI-131126G: Dowel Bar Retrofit
- NHI-131126H: Diamond Grinding and Grooving
- NHI-131126I: Joint Resealing and Crack Sealing
- NHI-131126J: Concrete Overlays
- NHI-131126K: Strategy Selection
The intended audience is quite diverse, and includes design engineers, quality control personnel, contractors, suppliers, technicians, and trades people. While the course is aimed at those who have some familiarity with concrete pavements and pavement preservation, it should also be of value to those that are new to the field.
This course is recommended for the Transportation Curriculum Coordination Council levels I - IV.
If you have questions about this NHI training, please contact NHI at
email@example.com or 877.558.6873.