This training covers the application of procedures used as published in the FHWA's "Traffic Monitoring Guide" (TMG) and other recent developments in traffic monitoring, including:
1. An overview of the application of the TMG procedures to develop data and information needed to support State and national programs including the Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS), pavement management, safety management, congestion management, and environmental management
2. Discussion between users and producers of traffic information from users perspective
3. Discussion with attendees on specific issues that impact the application of the TMG procedure in traffic counting, vehicle weighing, etc.
4. Discussion of automated procedures for data collection and analysis and presentation of examples
5. Discussion of the AASHTO guidelines for traffic monitoring and the coordination of data collection to other Federal and national programs
6. Discussion of Traffic Monitoring System required in Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA)
FHWA field office planners and State transportation or planning personnel responsible for or interested in traffic counting, vehicle classification, or truck weight data programs, and the users of the traffic information including the Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS), pavement management, safety management, congestion management, and environmental management.
If you have questions about this NHI training, please contact NHI at
email@example.com or 877.558.6873.