FHWA, in partnership with Caltrans, the National Center for Pavement Preservation, and the Transportation Curriculum Coordination Council (TCCC) created the Pavement Preservation Treatment Construction Guide (PPTCG) as a resource for agency and industry pavement preservation practitioners. This course is designed to provide participants with an introduction to the PPTCG, so that they can better use it to familiarize themselves with general information on pavement preservation concepts and techniques. The guide covers basic pavement preservation concepts, as well as information on specific treatments to extend the life of asphalt pavements. The module topics are:
1. Introduction to Pavement Preservation (NHI-131110A)
2. Materials (NHI-131110B)
3. Crack Sealing, Crack Filling and Joint Sealing of Flexible and Rigid Pavements (NHI-131110C)
4. Patching and Edge Repairs (NHI-131110D)
5. Chip Seals (NHI-131110E)
6. Fog Seals (NHI-131110F)
7. Slurry Seals (NHI-131110G)
8. Micro-surfacing Projects (NHI-131110H)
9. Thin Functional and Maintenance Overlay Projects (NHI-131110I)
10. Ultra Thin, Hot-Mixed, Bonded Overlay Projects (NHI-131110J)
11. Selecting a Pavement Presentation Treatment (NHI-131110K)
Each of the modules is also offered as individual trainings and can be accessed by registering for the course number listed with each module.
The primary audience for the Pavement Preservation Treatment Construction WBT course is Federal, State, and local highway construction and maintenance teams, specifically the highway workers and inspectors involved in the placement of pavement preservation treatments. Although not in the primary audience, design engineers will also benefit from the online guide and the associated training. The training course is primarily targeted at individuals unfamiliar with pavement preservation policy and technical information.
If you have questions about this NHI training, please contact NHI at
email@example.com or 877.558.6873.