This two-day advanced course is of interest to a wide variety of practitioners who want to be able to apply the AASHTO Audit Guide in the development and administration of A/E design consultant direct and indirect costs and rates. This course is written
for both prime A/E consultants and subconsultants.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Employ appropriate requirements, concepts, and tools necessary to develop and apply indirect cost rates to A/E contracts.
- Describe the required components of compliant internal controls.
- Prepare an appropriate analysis necessary to demonstrate the reasonableness of compensation.
- Interpret and apply Federal and State laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Explain various components of the external oversight framework including ethics, dispute resolution, and the FHWA function.
- Compare and distinguish between contract types and implications on account costing and billing.
This course is intended for those who perform one or more of the following roles: o Performing indirect cost rate audits for A/E Design firms o Ensuring compliance with the AASHTO Audit Guide o Administering contracts or subcontracts and procuring services
o Managing contracts or subcontracts o Ensuring compliance of contracts or subcontracts o Providing oversight of local contracts or subcontracts o Building and reviewing cost proposals o Approving the payment of A/E design consultant invoices o Auditing indirect
cost and contract proposals o Closing out and performing final reconciliations of contracts o Designing and enforcing internal control systems o Reviewing RFPs and contracts for government projects o Sell A/E design services to State DOTs
The National Highway Institute (NHI) has been approved as an Authorized Provider
by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET),
1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. In obtaining this approval, NHI
has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely
recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of their Authorized
Provider membership status, NHI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs
that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards.