The course is designed for the beginning relocation agent or for those persons interested in a basic knowledge of the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970 (Uniform Act). The purpose is to answer questions, meet
technical needs, and broaden the knowledge of those engaged in the relocation of persons displaced as a result of a Federal or Federally-funded project. The course covers all functional areas of the relocation assistance program, with emphasis on residential
This course is part of the Certificate of Accomplishment in Relocation under the Uniform Act. To learn more about how you can achieve a certificate in Relocation visit the NHI Web site at http://www.nhi.fhwa.dot.gov/training/cert_programs.aspx.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the principles of the Uniform Act and implementing regulations
- Describe the Uniform Act planning requirements
- Describe an agency's advisory services responsibilities
- Describe the elements of comparable replacement housing
- Calculate replacement housing payments for owners and tenants
- Explain replacement housing of last resort
- Compute residential and non-residential moving costs
Federal, State, and local public agencies, FHWA personnel, and other interested persons.
The National Highway Institute (NHI) has been approved as an Authorized Provider
by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET),
1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. In obtaining this approval, NHI
has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely
recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of their Authorized
Provider membership status, NHI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs
that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards.