This course is designed to educate State highway, FHWA, and industry project staff about the availability of effective construction and maintenance planning and scheduling tools that can help in providing visual representation of current project status,
completed tasks, and expected completion of all activities. These tools can be focused to accelerate construction and minimize impact on the traveling public.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Create a CPM chart for a sample project using these basic components: a project definition, milestones and a Gantt chart, work schedules (including work breakdown schedules), and an activity network
- Calculate resource needs and reserves, and propose resource leveling strategies
- Prepare a risk analysis/management plan for the sample project
- Use a complex CPM to determine the status of the project, identifying slack or float and delays
- Describe methods for managing multi-project scheduling
Federal, State, local, and private contractor project engineers/managers and related field personnel.
The National Highway Institute (NHI) has been approved as an Authorized Provider
by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET),
1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. In obtaining this approval, NHI
has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely
recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of their Authorized
Provider membership status, NHI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs
that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards.