**Formerly course no. 380003A**
This course provides participants with information on the safest and most efficient work zone traffic controls, including the application of effective design and installation concepts; and using signs and markings for detours, construction zones, and maintenance
sites. The legal, administrative, and operational aspects also will be discussed. Classroom presentations include lectures, case histories, and workshops.
This course is part of the Certificate of Accomplishment in Work Zone Safety. To learn more about how you can achieve a certificate in Work Zone Safety visit the NHI Web site at http://www.nhi.fhwa.dot.gov/training/cert_programs.aspx.
NHI is providing 30 MUTCD Manuals per class and charging the host for these at our cost - $10 per copy. If there are excess manuals those are to be retained by the host. Each host will be charged a flat fee of $300 for the manuals (30 x $10) to allow NHI
to recoup only our purchase costs.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe each step involved in providing work zone traffic controls
- Identify and apply workable concepts and techniques for designing, installing, and maintaining controls in construction, maintenance, and utility operations
- Identify appropriate principles in the design of traffic control plans
- Apply traffic control plans to site conditions, monitor traffic controls, and make changes indicated by traffic accidents and incidents
- Discuss techniques and procedures used by different agencies
- Assess the legal consequences of action and inaction relative to work zone traffic control and identify risk management procedures
Design, construction, and maintenance personnel responsible for designing, installing, and monitoring work zone traffic control.
The National Highway Institute (NHI) has been approved as an Authorized Provider
by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET),
1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. In obtaining this approval, NHI
has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely
recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of their Authorized
Provider membership status, NHI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs
that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards.