This course provides novice and experienced bridge engineers with the fundamental knowledge necessary to apply the most recent AASHTO Load and Resistance Factor Rating (LRFR) Specifications to bridge load rating.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of performing a load rating
- Identify the benefits of the LRFR methodology
- Demonstrate the LRFR process and the general load rating equations
- Explain legal loads and their use in load rating
- Determine distribution factors for load rating
- State the LRFR limit states
- Select evaluation factors for rating
- Describe the process for load posting and importance of load posting
- Describe the procedure for checking overload permits
- Demonstrate the application of LRFR requirements by completing load rating exercises
Bridge engineers with 0-20 years of experience.
The National Highway Institute (NHI) has been approved as an Authorized Provider
by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET),
1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. In obtaining this approval, NHI
has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely
recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of their Authorized
Provider membership status, NHI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs
that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards.